Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Myriam Ben Salem

On Relationships

Relationships

My Relationship With My Beloved Kitten Was Taken to the Next Level Today


 
Undoubtedly, parenting is a privilege and blessing, whether you are raising a human kid or a pet! My furry adopted me back in October 2020. I thought of naming her “Miracle”, but then opted for “Mimi”.

I need to admit I’ve been struggling with my overwhelming feelings as well as putting them into words for two hours!

For the quick story, Mimi understands, in my dialect, the words “No”, “Hold on”, “Come over here”, “You must be kidding me”, “Stop it”.

They used to be said with a frustrated tone from time to time before the new era marked by her spaying surgery. Now, they’re pronounced gently with a peaceful smile.

But you can easily guess how frequently she can be a troublemaker. 😁

I never liked observing her frustration meowing whenever she saw the birds from the living room window without being able to reach them.

Interestingly, we had multiple adventures when it comes to jumping from that window when accidentally left open. I’ve been trying my best to protect her from being in contact with street/abandoned cats when she was newly vaccinated, and it became a habit.

I live in a second-floor apartment. You need to understand that when she jumps, she finds herself on the neighbors’ porch after some steps.

Every time I needed to bring her back, I was hoping nobody would call the police when witnessing my “acrobatics” 🙈. The numerous scars I have because of her fierce resistance are my proof.

Today, for some reason, I decided to open the window for her. Confused, she looked at me and hesitated. She knew it was part of the boundaries. I encouraged her.

I sat and waited. Twenty minutes later, I heard her voice. Last time, I noticed she was trying to jump back from the last flat surface without success while I was retrieving my equilibrium. She called for help.

I was in awe and could barely believe my eyes… I jumped and brought her back. Unexpectedly to her, she received a warm hug! I felt so proud of her that I granted her the “gift” food.

I was overjoyed and bewildered at the same time. When I eventually processed the overwhelming emotions, things became clear: It was an act of faith. I trusted her, gave her the space she needed, and she didn’t fail me…

Dear Universe: I will forever be beyond grateful for the countless miraculous moments with which you’re continuously spoiling me!

My Relationship With My Beloved Kitten Was Taken to the Next Level Today Reviewed by Myriam Ben Salem on February 25, 2021 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. I am just amazed by what I’ve read😍 I trust on your skills to let your beloved MIMI be aware and conscious about what’s happening around her. Thanks to the way you use your body language and As I know you very well you’re capable to go very far with your cutest cat🥰 wish you all the best🤩

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable of you, beloved Mohja!!! Your magical compliment means the world! 💙

    ReplyDelete

All Rights Reserved by Set Yourself Free by Myriam Ben Salem © 2018 - 2021
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.