Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Myriam Ben Salem

On Relationships

Relationships

I Will Do My Best in Reviewing You As Faithfully to the Facts As Possible so That No More Volunteers Get Fooled by Your Fake Vision

 


***Disclaimer: I changed the names in the story to protect people’s identities.

A day before leaving my first volunteering program platform, I decided to write an open letter for the community —or at least how they like to call their group.

Let me start with some background first, if you don’t mind:

The hygiene conditions were miserable. I got a serious infection from germs that infested the humid mattress I was offered by my host. I went to the hospital 4 times. I had to take:

  • Three types of antibiotics: 2 injections and 3 packs of pills (a 7-day-treatment).
  • Two types of allergy medication: an injection and pills.
  • Two local creams to apply.

All that I asked for from my current host was to refund my medication, given that the disease is their responsibility. I shouldn’t have had to ask for the obvious, I suppose!

The answer came 2 or 3 days after receiving the bills and it was a negative one, shockingly enough.

First and foremost, I need to answer Tom and Elena’s concluding sentence of the message they didn’t dare share with me face to face:

No, I don’t understand and don’t want to understand your responsibility-avoidance. It seems to me that if you didn’t know deep inside how wrong and inhumane it is, it wouldn’t have been difficult for you to confront me.

By the way, I believe that everyone in the community should be informed that Tom lied to me on my face on Wednesday evening and said that you didn’t have time to discuss my situation during the team meeting.

Interestingly, in any organization in the world, there is always a planned budget for unexpected events and problems, and I have been working with many.

Otherwise, it can only be labeled as an amateurish and exploitative project. I’m pretty sure Tom and Elena manipulated everybody’s opinion.

Having observed their behavior very closely, especially during the last week, I can imagine telling the group that ‘the project name’ has no money and that refunding Myriam would mean no food.

I’m not quite surprised. Tom and Elena merely proved their true colors that I’ve been seeing clearly. Still, I’m frustrated and disgusted by their kind of people games and will never get used to it.

If you've come this far, maybe you might enjoy my upcoming free eBook about the whole tale! I'll be honored if you decide to stop by!

I Will Do My Best in Reviewing You As Faithfully to the Facts As Possible so That No More Volunteers Get Fooled by Your Fake Vision Reviewed by Myriam Ben Salem on August 21, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Set Yourself Free by Myriam Ben Salem © 2018 - 2021
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.