Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Myriam Ben Salem

On Relationships

Relationships

My Adorable New Soul Friend Sandia Was My Very Favorite Part of My First Volunteering Program in Brazil

 



As you dissolve into love, your ego fades. You’re not thinking about loving; you’re just being love, radiating like the sun. — Ram Dass.

Sandia is the kind of folks whose presence is as gentle as a breeze and as bright as the sunshine. That’s why I was smiling every time I was observing her interactions with others!

Our bond was instant. I was exhausted and having some rest in my tent when I received a message from her asking whether we could discuss, which I welcomed without hesitation.

I knew from her that another volunteer updated her about some of the very disgusting stories shared by the main host. She was expressing how disappointed she was and I was merely validating her legitimate feelings.

My beautiful friend told me she made her mind to leave even if she paid her social contribution — or that’s how the program responsible like to call it as a manipulative substitute to exploiting the volunteers.

Interestingly, if I didn’t pay mine in advance for the whole 3-week-period, I wouldn’t have thought twice to cancel it and look for another program. It was unquestionable for me to let them take advantage as a matter of principle!

I felt sad given that she was still arriving and that I was hoping to enjoy her delightful being. Still, I told her that I would respect her choice if this meant that she would feel better.

I also promised she would have my unconditional support no matter what she eventually decided and that she was always welcome to talk to me about anything at any time.

After a while, I visited her tent to check in on her, walk my talk and give her some of my warm hugs. She reciprocated them with torn eyes before adding, “I’m so grateful for making me change my mind without even planning to. Your validation and words were soul-soothing. You are so special!”

My friend made my day for two reasons, appealingly:

  • Touching one soul or impacting someone’s reality is the epitome of a meaningful life, to me.
  • I will have the privilege to enjoy her quality company for more time.

If you've come this far, maybe you might enjoy my upcoming free eBook about the whole tale! I'll be honored if you decide to stop by!

My Adorable New Soul Friend Sandia Was My Very Favorite Part of My First Volunteering Program in Brazil Reviewed by Myriam Ben Salem on August 27, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Set Yourself Free by Myriam Ben Salem © 2018 - 2021
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.