Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Myriam Ben Salem

On Relationships

Relationships

My Cleaning Service Friend Apologized for Doing No Wrong

Photo by Steve Halama on Unsplash

People who don’t have their own deep internal act together seek their security from sources outside themselves. They’re codependent with their environment and get easily trapped in the five destructive & cancerous behaviors: Criticizing, Complaining, Comparing, Competing, and Contenting. — Stephen Covey

I was in the gym locker room — most precisely the WC part. I was washing my hands while my cleaning service lovely friend showed up. I shared another enchanting and pure moment with her a few time ago.

I was taking a quick break from my Body Combat class to wash my face with some cold water. There was a technical issue with the air-conditioner, and we were too many people sharing the same passion in a small area!

The water was warm, which was a little annoying given I needed to refresh my face and neck. Luckily, the cleaning service person was around. I asked her whether I was using the tap correctly.

She came in my direction and checked it before adding: “The water might have caught COVID-19!” I giggled so much that some people who were in the locker room joined me in my hilarious laughter!

She started apologizing. I felt confused and asked her, “What are you sorry for, exactly?”
“Well, there is some water on the floor, and I thought it might have bothered you… I was busy cleaning the collective exercising room.”

I instantly imagined what could have made such a reflection cross her mind and felt like my neck and jaws were on fire out of frustration. In parallel, my heart was filled with compassion for what she might have gone through.

I asked her warmly, “What made you have such a thought?”, and her answer came exactly as I was expecting it.

“It happens more frequently than I would wish to be called by my manager because of some complaint. I’m doing what I can, and it never seems to be enough…”

I was feeling a lot of pain and shame in her tone. I was heartbroken and couldn’t stop my tears from flowing. I gave her one of my bear hugs before adding while holding her face between my hands:

“Look at me! I want you to remember what I’m about to tell you: I’ve been witnessing your hard work and how you’re wholeheartedly accomplishing your duties! You should be very proud of yourself for your beautiful commitment to serve, and no one would ever take this from you! You need to understand something when it comes to the complainers, though. It’s not personal, my friend! They’re deeply suffering and need to feel better about themselves at all expenses. The best thing you can do is never letting their insecurities get to you, wish them peace, give yourself a big hug, and move on with your life!”

Her eyes were saying a million words. She preferred going for a more affectionate way to show her gratitude and hugged me tightly!

“Thank you for being a blessing. I don’t even know your name, but it’s irrelevant when I know your soul!”

I was mind-blown, my heart started dancing, and I could barely understand how this woman who didn’t even go to school could be that thoughtful and unquestionably enchanting through merely being who she is.

“I said it before and will repeat it. It seems to me you don’t even realize how beautiful you are! Your simple yet so powerful words deserve to become a viral quote! The world is fortunate by your being!”


 

My Cleaning Service Friend Apologized for Doing No Wrong Reviewed by Myriam Ben Salem on December 24, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Set Yourself Free by Myriam Ben Salem © 2018 - 2021
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.