Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Myriam Ben Salem

On Relationships

Relationships

Sorry Dear Shopping Lovers

Photo by Mike Petrucci on Unsplash

Paris trip

I was supposed to go to Paris during winter sales. A friend of mine succeeded in convincing me we would have so much fun. Somehow, I believed her!

Everything was settled for the adventure: flight tickets, hotel, plan — my friend took care of preparing obviously. 😁

Three days before, she called me. I could feel she was embarrassed and not sure how to formulate what she needed to say.

- Please forgive me, but I’ll not be able to join…
- What do you mean? Is this a bad joke?
- I’m afraid it’s not. My boyfriend I didn’t see in a year is taking me to Rome.
- I’m confused… How come he didn’t know about our plan?
- Well, we had a big fight 2 weeks ago and we didn’t talk to each other since then. This surprise is his way to say sorry, and I simply can’t let him down!
- You must be kidding me… I didn’t even wanna go, but I can’t afford to lose money at the same time…
- I know and I’m so sorry for real, Myriam.

She chose him over me, which impacted our friendship, but that’s not the point. What I didn’t tell you is that I HATE shopping! 🙊

I felt depressed while moving from one shop to another and buying clothes without even trying them on. I offered half of them to family and friends afterward. At least, someone could be happy!😅

Thailand trip

It was a dream trip: I was visiting an Asian country for the very first time! My traveling friend was an incredible organizer! I was mind-blown by her tips and tricks. She didn’t stop amazing me during our two-week-stay in Thailand!

We visited Bangkok, many islands — Phi-Phi Island and Phuket are the most famous ones, the Golden Triangle, and other breath-taking places. The one which overwhelmed me the most was the Padaung village.

T
he Padaung village


The girl was amazing. Taking a picture with her was part of the visitors’ ritual. They live from tourism. My heart was bleeding. It hurt so much to realize, once again, how cruel humankind could be to violate human dignity and expose innocent girls & women to visitors like we expose animals in Zoos. Both are fundamentally wrong. We, as human beings, are not masters of the world and have no right to exploit any other living creature, but this is a story for another time! It was the only place where I enjoyed shopping, given I knew I was helping this community!


The floating market


Our visit to the “floating market” was hilarious! The merchants had a very long stick. We were surprised by finding ourselves dragged to their shops without our permission! We laughed so much, bought some souvenirs, and figured out later it was way more expensive than the other markets! We didn’t get pissed off, though. The shared moments were worth it!

The hilarious moment with the local market vendor

We were in one of the numerous local markets. We wanted to buy some of their beautiful, colored, and very comfortable pants! I stopped at a shop. My friend continued her way. I liked one of the models, but I was wondering whether there were other colors, which I asked the woman in charge.

She was on her knees and checking her merchandise while my friend called me to tell me she found another shop with way better prices. I was tempted; thus, I told the woman I would be back in a while. It was the era when I used to have weak emotional boundaries and lie whenever I was freaking out about hurting people with the truth.

The merchant didn’t talk English very well. She looked at me, pointed her finger to her head before adding: “You here 50/50?”. When I got what she meant, I couldn’t stop laughing! It was beyond being funny!


Sorry Dear Shopping Lovers Reviewed by Myriam Ben Salem on December 02, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Set Yourself Free by Myriam Ben Salem © 2018 - 2021
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.