Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Myriam Ben Salem

On Relationships

Relationships

My Heart Breaks a Little Whenever I Recall How Harsh My Trip to Brazil Was on My Baby Girl Mimi



Before deciding on my volunteering programs in Brazil, I needed to first make sure the host would accept my kid. Leaving her in my parents' or a friend’s place was not an option.

Preparing my trip and getting everything set and well organized during my absence was anything but smooth.

Three days before the due date, and following numerous attempts to confirm my Mimi’s reservation by phone, I decided to visit the airline company’s office.

An unpleasant discovery was waiting for me: the second airplane was not designed to transport pets since lacking an effective aeration system. I had two alternatives:

  • Paying three times the original fees to travel in another airline company’s cargo hold: an option that required time to be confirmed.
  • Canceling my flight and choosing a company that accepted pets in the airplane cabin.

The latter possibility was generously provided and executed by a responsible who witnessed my sadness— almost despair, who realized that I would not travel without my baby girl.
I told them the story of our magical connection. Have you missed it and should it feel worthwhile, you may find the details here.

Kindly, he admitted he was inspired by my adoption philosophy whether the kid is a human or an animal!

He even shared that he knew many parents who left their kids to whom they gave birth for years without having ever shown any guilt while being convinced that providing them with comfortable material conditions is worth the sacrifice, sadly enough.

It was soul-soothing, to say the least. I felt doubly thankful: first for his efforts in securing my flight after spending 15 min on phone, and second for his beautiful validation.

As you might have guessed, my choice was easy! Canceling the other flight was time and energy-consuming. Nonetheless, I was fortunate enough to keep the agent’s number who made his best to accelerate the refunding process.

Interestingly, those two incidents were a blessing in disguise. At the end of the day, if the issue with Mimi’s reservation didn’t occur, I would have missed meeting those two beautiful souls, right?

Everything happens for a good reason. Nothing is random. The Universe always knows better is my deepest conviction!


If you've come this far, maybe you might enjoy my upcoming free eBook about the whole tale! I'll be honored if you decide to stop by!


My Heart Breaks a Little Whenever I Recall How Harsh My Trip to Brazil Was on My Baby Girl Mimi Reviewed by Myriam Ben Salem on June 15, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Set Yourself Free by Myriam Ben Salem © 2018 - 2021
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.