Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Myriam Ben Salem

On Relationships

Relationships

When Your Energy and Silliness Are Celebrated, It Speaks Volumes About Who You Are Interacting With

 



I have had the honor to belong to a very special community lately. People are different; still very similar in terms of human warmth, simplicity, and generous heart.


For a person who has been living alone for twelve years, finding myself in a collective house where we are 15, in all likelihood, and where we receive friends every day was such a beautiful and enriching shift!


What is phenomenal about those folks is their will to the act of sharing as well as being interested in who you are as a person solely.


On the first day, we reached the house late in the night. Nonetheless, my host going by the name of Thiago was not only waiting for us; he also prepared the dinner while he didn’t have to.


Appealingly, this attention was anything but the most heartwarming one. He was recommended to me by a friend I met in Brazil; in the first ‘ecological’ program context, to be more precise.


When I figured out my furry kid was, most probably, endangered in my third program host’s place, Thiago was one of the Brazilian friends who did their best to help us get out of there.

I asked everybody I could contact given that I figured out we were in the middle of nowhere. No taxi driver could localize us with the map's position.

When I reached Thiago’s place, I thanked him for the consideration and promised to eat it the next day since I already had dinner with the friends who drove us.

I shared a dorm with two other girls. One of them was spending a few days with her boyfriend outside the house. The other one was getting ready for sleep.

What she did next was overwhelming. She noticed I was hesitating about climbing to the second level and genuinely offered her bed surrounded by all her stuff.

That free act of kindness made my day. I was more blown away by who she is when knowing her wisdom was only 19 years old. We had some deep discussions, and I was amazed by her active listening skills.

Furthermore, every word she was saying was humbly adding value. One sentence, in particular, made my heart dance:

A friend of mine once told me, “every person you meet will teach you something, whether you like it or not”. Today, I can confirm and express my gratitude for how much I learned from you!

If you've come this far, maybe you might enjoy my upcoming free eBook about the whole tale! I'll be honored if you decide to stop by!
When Your Energy and Silliness Are Celebrated, It Speaks Volumes About Who You Are Interacting With Reviewed by Myriam Ben Salem on September 07, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Set Yourself Free by Myriam Ben Salem © 2018 - 2021
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.