Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Myriam Ben Salem

On Relationships

Relationships

She Decided to Have a Last Preparation Session

Photo by Eye for Ebony on Unsplash

I was in my favorite coworking space while I accidentally heard a discussion between a girl who was sitting next to me and her teacher to whom she was talking over the phone.


She sounded desperate, was telling him how she screwed up the most critical subjects of the baccalaureate exam and expressing she lost any motivation to maximize her chances for the last two remaining ones.


After asking for her permission to give her a long bear hug, I reassured her by emphasizing the fact she did her best. Most importantly, this exam was not and would never define her as counterintuitive as it may sound.

Witnessing from her facial expression that she was curious to understand the logic behind such a statement, I proceeded with explaining to her that we were all fooled by the grownups — conditioned themselves — to believe we needed to prove our worth through our accomplishments.

Truth is your worth is intrinsic, and that who you are as a person is more than enough!


She was moved to tears. She’s a sweetheart to give to Caesar’s what belongs to Caesar! I couldn’t help but give her another tender hug. She was expressing her gratitude with both her words and her gorgeous sparkling eyes.

And guess what? She decided to have a last preparation session! When she was ready to leave, she hugged me warmly, “Before you decide to show up the way you did and talk to me while it was none of your business, I was, genuinely, thinking nothing in the world would ever be able to uplift my spirit. I don’t know how I can thank you for your kindness. All that I can promise is that I will do my best to make you proud!”. You can imagine the blast I had!

There are so many things I ignore, so many I will probably never know, so many I will always have some doubt about! But what I know for sure is my being and the power of our energy & free acts of kindness in uplifting and inspiring people around us, and in building trust in the long run.


 

She Decided to Have a Last Preparation Session Reviewed by Myriam Ben Salem on December 16, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Set Yourself Free by Myriam Ben Salem © 2018 - 2021
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.